Thursday, May 5, 2011

SMC, sleep muna corporation

I've been so out of touch with the local stock market and more so with my blog for quite some time. There were some opportunities in the stock market but slowly, I am realizing that if you don't have the time, you just entrust your money to fund managers via mutual funds.

However, greed is preventing me from going the route of investing in mutual funds. Hehe.

I know I've got lots of things and ideas I'd like to share about personal finance; unfortunately, as I've come to realize, interest and time is usually inversely proportional.

On top of this, when I started this blog, I failed to plan ahead. I didn't come up with a list of topics to talk about. So there were periods of drought, as was the previous month/s. I hope that stops.

I've been out of touch that I didn't know (nor feel) the secondary offering of SMC. Prior to its closing, it was trading between 150 to 170. Since it was offered at only 110, it closed down today at 109.50. At one point it was at the low of 105.70. I do have faith that the share price will make a strong rebound; but, it will take some time, given the volume of shares that just made a tsunami in the market.

I also had plans of taking positions in LC (Lepanto, a mining stock) with the strategy of buying and forgetting all about it. I just didn't do it yet due to one, lack of funds hehe; and, two, I'm waiting for a good entry point (will I still get it?). I'm hoping it would.

I fear of recommending anything for the mere fact that I have not been actively monitoring stocks for some time now. Couple that with the lack of a good charting software, I'd be wary of touching anything that I don't plan on holding for a long time. So basura stocks, it may be time to say good bye and not good buy.

It's funny, during the first quarter, I was waiting for the market to rebound. Now, I'm waiting for the market to correct. Every time I'm about to make a decision, the market isn't cooperating. Mutual funds, here I come?

If there's anything I'd like to impart, investing in mutual funds is the easiest boring way to earn passive income.

See you soon and do constantly drop by. I hope your patience doesn't wear thin. =p

No comments:

Investor Discretion Advised.

Investments involve risks. Investor discretion is advised. Further, great lengths have been made to ensure information accuracy. However, I'm only human so if you see any mistakes, do point them out. Thanks and please come back! Remember, appreciate the capital but appreciate the risk!